4/21/14

Mini Blender's make me happy...

I'm sure by now you have seen the new round Tim Holtz blenders.  Well....I love them.  They are so fun and so much easier to use.  I made this card a couple weeks ago and needed to come share....

IMG_1667

I used this simon says stencil right on my card base.  Instead of blending the ink, I inked up the whole blender and just blotted, leaving the round image of the blender, kinda like a circle stamp.  I did this until the whole card front was covered and I thought it made a fun effect.  I added in a sentiment from the new Simon set called Butterflies.  I inked it up in Versafine Black Onyx, cut it out and then used a black marker to color the edges.  I popped it up on foam tape to finish it off.

That is all I have for today!  Did you stay out of the Easter candy?  Well....guilty.  I am headed to the gym now to work it off.  I just can't help it.  I love peeps.  I know, gross right?  I know they are so bad....but oh so good!  :)

Have a great Monday!




8 comments:

  1. I have been resisting these cute little tools! But you make them look so GOOD!Love that you left the 'edges' showing. I will head out and pick some up. I resisted the candy yesterday (no peeps in our house!) but Cadbury Mini-eggs must be on sale by now and when they're half price, they're half calories, too, right? lol! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really love all the texture you got from the pouncing, wonderful! I'm eating candy as I type......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty, Laurie, so artistic! We had very little Easter candy at our house this year, just peanut butter and coconut cream eggs (of course I had to have a nibble of each ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how cool and fun is this?! I'm still waiting for my TH blending tools to come from SSS-- I'm itching to play with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card I love that color and that is one of my favorite stencils I have not purchased the mini blenders yet but I have heard nothing but good things about them especially for stencils tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget the blenders - your blog makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I love leaving you crazy comments. I hope you don't mind! LOL xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS