1/14/15

Introducing Baker's Dozen...


One of my most favorite things is cake.  I love cake.  You know that amazing white wedding cake?  Yeah, I love that stuff.  So when its put into a compact little cake, that makes it even better.  Who doesn't love a good cupcake?  :)  Today's Group post for the PTI Countdown is all about just that.
A Baker's down.  And even better?  There is ZERO calories here people.  (insert thumbs up)

My first card showcases the adorable cupcake for the Month of May.  My birthday month!  :)

IMG_0288

I kept the coloring simple....like I alway do...and just added a touch of gray to the icing.  I actually attempted some shading on the cupcake and the cherry!

I also used the Layered Banner Bantered on this card. (This banner die?  Amazing.)  I cut the first piece out of Soft Stone patterned paper and the top out of white card stock.  Super easy and CAS!  

IMG_0290

This next card was fun to make!  I talk a lot about my inability to color so i'm usually scared of stamp sets that need to be colored....but this time I was pretty excited.  These are so easy to color in a simple one layer look.  I realized i didn't need to stress over using 3 copics and starting with the lightest and all the blending etc...  I just colored a solid color and let it go.  Let it go.... (its ok if you want to sing now!)

IMG_0293

I stamped the background with some Berry Sorbet and a little Background Basics: Super Chevron.  LOVE.  Then I added in 3 more cupcakes up on foam tape.  I took one of the arched sentiments and straightened it out on my acrylic block and stamped in straight.  Love that simple typed font!

IMG_0295

Thank so much for coming by again today! I have been proof reading in triple time on this post so I promise no more talk of yardsticks.  Just card stock!  :)  Auto-correct hates me.  hehe!

Check out the rest of the cupcake creations today!

Nichole Heady
Betsy Veldman
Heather Nichols
Dawn McVey

Stop back in tomorrow for the Papertrey Release in Review.  Have a great day!

22 comments:

  1. Pretty cards, Laurie! Your coloring was AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun cupcakes! I am really loving that layered banner die too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how gorgeous... totally TWO thumbs up, and sign me up for that banner die!!! You and my husband with the wedding cake thing... he could eat a whole one solo!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love that striped paper in the background of the banner die - such a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet cards!! I absolutely LOVE how you layered up that banner in the first one! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are so very very cute! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That banner is so pretty! I love how CAS your first card is. Your second card would be such a nice thank you card. Very delicate and girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful cards, Laurie - love the soft stripes on the banner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Laurie, beautiful sweet cards. Your colouring is perfect for those adorable cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cupcakes, Laurie! I love the simplicity of the cupcake with the banner and wow! those chevrons highlight your cupcake trio!

    ReplyDelete
  11. EEK! these are both so fabulous! I love those chevrons. WHEW! Just takes your breath away, right? love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards, Laurie! I wasn't sure about the new banner dies.... but I thought: "I'll go see how Laurie used them...." And now I want them, so thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. No calories, my kind of cupcake!! These are adorable Laurie and I LOVE that banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh your cards are so cute today!! And I did wonder about the yardsticks - thanks for straightening that out! Autocorrect - it does make for some laughable moments. :) No worries tho - I bet most of us figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling cards. Wow, I love that banner on the first card. Hmmmm.... now I want a cupcake to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love what you did with the layered banners.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your gorgeous cards today! Especially the berry sorbet chevron one! I can't wait to get my hands on that Layered banner die! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fabulous Laurie!! I really love that banner die too!! Everything is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely love the way you did the banner. This card is one of the two best of the day. Cute chevron stripe card too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that first card with the banner die and a bit of stripes....gorgeous cards today!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS